Your original passport with a validity of at least 6 months after the expiry date of your visa.
Do you want to apply for an e-visa Egypt? Then you must upload a scan of the information page when you place your application on our website. Without a clear photo or scan of this, we cannot apply for an e-visa Egypt!
You do not need to provide a passport photo to apply for an e-visa for Egypt. For a regular visa: two official, color passport photos which should meet the following conditions:
- The photo is less than 3 months old
- The background is white or light gray in color
- The dimensions are 3.5 x 4.5 cm
- There are no damages to the passport photo
- The passport photo is not stapled to the visa application form
- The person in the photo is looking straight into the camera
- No glasses are worn in the photo
Regular visa applicants (tourist and business)
All regular visa applicants have to deliver the following:
- A passport (valid for at least 6 months after expiry date of the visa and must contain at least 2 blank visa pages)
- Two sets of recently taken, colored passport photographs
- Signed embassy form (after receiving your order, we will send you the embassy form for signature)
- Additional documents
For each visa type, you must provide us with additional documents, namely:
- With the regular tourist visa, in addition to your passport, passport photos and signed embassy form, you must provide a copy of your registered hotel and flight confirmation.
- With the regular business visa, you must provide a letter of guarantee from your employer in addition to the passport, passport photos and signed embassy form.
- With the e-visa, all travelers must provide a copy of the flight and registered hotel confirmation.
- The Egypt single entry e-visa is valid for 3 months from the time of issue and offers you a stay of up to 30 days
- The Egypt multiple entry e-visa is valid for 90 days and offers a stay up to 30 days per entry
- The regular visa for Egypt differs in validity and the number of entries. Contact us for more information per visa type.
Not sure what type of visa Egypt you should apply for? Then contact us. Our staff will be happy to help you.
Belgian travellers (NOTE: this does not apply to Dutch travellers!)
Do you have a Belgian identity card or passport and are you planning to stay in Egypt for less than 30 days? Then you can apply for an Egypt e-visa and travel with a Belgian identity card.
The following is important:
- Your identity card must be valid for at least 6 months after your departure from Egypt;
- The identity card must be in accordance with CIAO regulations and equipped with an electronically readable chip (recognizable by the e-symbol);
- You must upload a copy or clear photo of your identity card or passport with the application. Without this, your visa application cannot be processed!
What is a visa Egypt?
Are you planning a holiday to Egypt? In that case you need a holiday Egypt visa. Or do you need to go to Egypt for a business trip? Then you need an Egypt visa, because it is a requirement to enter the country. In both cases, this can be a regular visa Egypt or an electronic (e-)visa Egypt. This regular or e-visa must be applied for before you travel. With the Egypt visa you then have permission from the authorities to enter the country.
If you want to travel to Egypt for tourism purposes, you can apply for the e-visa to Egypt. You can apply for this online Egypt visa here. This visa is usually issued by the Egyptian government or immigration service. After the application is processed, the Egyptian government will digitally deliver the e-visa by e-mail.
If you travel to Egypt for business purposes, the regular visa Egypt is applicable. This is a sticker, which is issued by the government of Egypt. This sticker is then placed in the passport. You can also apply for an online tourist visa Egypt before departure, and convert this visa into a business visa Egypt on arrival in Egypt.
Our staff will work professionally to ensure that your visa application for Egypt is presented flawlessly to the Egyptian embassy and/or government, giving you the peace of mind you deserve.
What types of visa are available in Egypt?
Various visas are available for Egypt. The type of visa you need depends first of all on your travel purpose. The most common visas Egypt are an e-visa for tourism reasons or a regular visa for business purposes.
First of all, the purpose of your trip determines which type of visa Egypt you need to apply for. Not sure which visa Egypt is most suitable for you? Then please contact us, so we can advise you.
In order to obtain a business visa for Egypt, we need to physically receive all documents (including passport and photos). Also, all travellers need to provide their own file with their own documents, so that we can deliver everything to the embassy of Egypt at the same time.
Do you wish to apply for a business visa for your trip to Egypt? Traveldocs can assist you and present your application at the embassy of Egypt! Please contact us by mail, phone or via our contact form. Our visa specialists will then inform you about the procedure, the costs and which documents you need to submit next.
You can also apply for an e-visa Egypt, which you can then change from Tourist to Business on arrival in Egypt. Do not forget to do this, because business activities (such as work meetings, introductions, etc.) are not allowed on a tourist visa. You are therefore required to convert your visa if you are travelling for business purposes. This is often a faster way of obtaining a visa to Egypt than applying for a regular visa through the embassy. Do you want to get appropriate advice before you apply for your visa to Egypt? Then please contact us!
Conditions e-Visa Egypt
On arrival in Egypt, the traveller must be able to prove the following:
- Passport upon arrival must be valid for at least six months beyond the expiry date of your visa and must contain at least one blank page.
- Proof of sufficient financial means (bank statement or credit card statement in traveller’s name)
- A return or onward ticket(s) in the name of the traveller
- A hotel reservation in the passenger’s name
- Possession of all required documents for a possible next destination (think of a visa for the next destination, if applicable)
Processing Time, Visa Validity and Costs Visa Egypt
First of all, the cost visa Egypt varies by visa type and processing time. Normally, a normal application takes 6-10 working days. In addition, you can also apply for an express procedure, in which case the visa can be ready between 2 and 5 working days.
However, the Embassy of Egypt reserves the right to take longer at any time to assess your application.
- An e-visa to Egypt costs €42.95 per person.
Moreover, the cost of the visa varies depending on the situation. This depends on the type of visa you wish to obtain, as well as the desired validity, processing procedure and number of entries.
- A regular tourist visa to Egypt can be obtained from € 84.95 per person.
- A regular business visa to Egypt can be obtained from € 105.95 per person.
This includes processing fees, consular fees, transaction fees and VAT. You can also use an express procedure for which a surcharge will be calculated. The visa fees mentioned on our website are subject to change. The embassy reserves the right to change the rates. Of course we will inform you in time.
At Traveldocs you can buy your visa to Egypt easily and online. The electronic visa Egypt is relatively cheap compared to the regular visa Egypt. Moreover, the processing is faster and you do not need to physically submit any documents or passports. Everything goes digitally and you receive the visa by mail when it is granted.
However, buying a regular visa Egypt also has its advantages, mainly because the validity may be longer. Also, when you don’t feel like converting / repurchasing your tourist visa locally, it is often an easier alternative to apply for your business visa Egypt in advance at the embassy. The cost of the e-visa Egypt is EUR 36.95 per person.
The cost of the regular visa varies according to the validity, number of entries and purpose of travel. We will be happy to find out which visa fees apply to your trip and which conditions you need to meet.
Traveldocs will gladly assist you with your visa application for Egypt and submit your documents to the relevant government authorities. On our website you can buy the e-visa to Egypt. Would you rather apply for a regular visa to Egypt and want to know what the costs are? Then contact us for the conditions and possibilities.
Why apply for your Egypt visa at Traveldocs?
At Traveldocs we guarantee a professional, correct, swift and also very reliable service when you apply for a visa to Egypt.
Our experienced experts check your application before it is submitted to the Consulate of Egypt. This way you can be 100% sure that your application is correct and safe.
Moreover, Traveldocs will keep you informed about the status of your visa application via e-mail or phone. Furthermore you can follow your application at all times via the Tracking function on our website.
Traveldocs is a Dutch company with years of experience and the right connections to correctly handle your documents. We work together with various tour operators, top clubs, large (international) companies and NGOs. Your documents are in safe hands with us at all times.
Are you planning to visit other countries besides Egypt?
Take a look at the visa countries below, so that you can travel well-prepared and with the right documents.
Apply directly for your visa to Egypt
Traveldocs helps companies and private individuals to apply for a visa or legalization. As a recognized legalization agency, we assist you administratively and we take care of the complete settlement at the relevant embassy or consulate. We charge agency fees for this service. We are not a government agency or affiliated with it. All costs to be paid by you are clearly visible and completely transparent and Traveldocs uses competitive prices, a professional service with adequate know-how within the world of legalisations. Of course you also have the option to submit your application directly to the relevant government agency. When you submit an application via visum-legalisatie.nl, you never pay more for the consular costs than at the embassy / consulate.