Your original passport with a validity of at least 6 months after the expiry date of your visa.
It is also important that your passport contains at least 2 empty visa pages that are opposite each other.
An official, color passport photo that meets the following conditions:
- The photo is less than 3 months old
- The background is white or light gray in color
- The dimensions are 50 x 50 mm
- There are no damages to the passport photo
- The passport photo is not stapled to the visa application form
- The person in the photo is looking straight into the camera
- No glasses are worn in the photo
e-Visa applicants have to provide a digital photograph, provided in .JPG/.JPEG or .PDF format. The photograph should be in accordance with the above stated conditions.
Regular visa applicants have to provide two physicall passport photographs in size 50x50cm. Both photographs have to be in accordance with the above stated conditions.
e-Visa applicants must provide us with the following documents:
- A clear scan of the information page of the passport with which you will be traveling. The photo or scan must be delivered in high quality in .JPG / .JPEG or .PDF format. The scan must have a size between 30 and 300 KB.
- A digital passport photo in high quality. The photo must have been taken recently and must be submitted in .JPG / .JPEG or .PDF format. The photo must contain at least 350 pixels.
- Business travelers must provide a scan of the business card (business card) of the company for which they work. Without a business card it is not possible to apply for a business e-visa.
Regular visa applicants must physically supply additional documents to us. These documents differ per visa type.
As soon as your application has been processed in our system, you will receive an email with a full list of the exact documents you need to provide to apply for the visa type you have chosen.
The validity varies per visa type.
- The regular visas are valid between 1-5 years
- The e-Visa is valid between 30 days and 1 year
Business e-Visa (1yr multiple entry)
- Continuous stay during each visit may not exceed 180 days.
- If the intension is to stay for more than 180 days, the traveler has to get registered with FRRO/FRO in India, within two weeks after the expiry of 180 days.
Tourist e-Visa (30 days double entry or 1 yr multiple entry)
- Continuous stay during each visit may not exceed 90 days for all eligible countries except USA, UK, Canada and Japan.
- For USA , UK, Canada and Japan continuous stay during each visit may not exceed 180 days.
- We recommend that you combine a printout of your e-Visa with your passport before traveling to your destination.
- Save the application (or email) of your e-Visa. This way you don’t have to fill it in again if you travel to the same destination again.
Applicants for the regular visa India with the validity of 5 years must provide biometric data at the Indian consulate (VFS Center) in The Hague.
Applicants for the regular visa with the validity of 1 year India no longer have to provide biometric data as of January 2020, unless the GOI specifically requests this.
Traveldocs will – of course at all times in consultation with you – make an appointment for you at the consulate for this. Please note that we are only allowed to do this after we have received all documents from you and they have also been accepted by the consulate as complete and in accordance with conditions. In practice, we can often make an appointment for biometrics within 2 working days after submitting your visa application to the VFS center.
During this appointment there will always be a visa specialist from us available to guide you through the process. Would you like to have more information about this matter? Then do not hesitate to contact us.
What exactly is a visa for India?
If you want to travel to India for a holiday or business trip, you must have a visa. This gives you access to enter the country. This visa is issued by the Indian government and is issued both digitally and regularly.
What types of visas are available for India?
India has various types of visas. For example, a digital visa is available, which you can apply for entirely online. However, the following conditions apply:
- You can only apply for an e-visa twice a year
- Your arrival must not be by land
- The visa is only valid at the following airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mengalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Veranasi and Vishakhapatnam. In addition, the e-visas are only valid for 120 days from the time of issue, the stay of which may not exceed 60 days. An e-visa is a double entry visa, but both entries must take place within 60 days of entry.
The following conditions apply to the e-Visa:
- International travelers whose purpose of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, visiting friends or family, short-term medical treatment or a regular business visit.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India.
- The passport must have at least two blank pages.
- International Travelers must provide a return ticket or onward travel ticket and can demonstrate that they have sufficient funds during their stay in India.
- International travelers who are a Pakistani passport or of Pakistani origin must apply for a regular Visa.
- Not available for diplomatic / official passport holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Passport Parent / spouse ie each individual must have a separate passport.
- Not available to holders of an International Travel Document.
A regular visa will be in your passport. This visa is valid for both tourists and business people and is valid for 5 years. You can travel to India several times within this period.
- It is possible to apply for a 1 year visa, for this you must state the reason why the visa should only be 1 year, instead of 5 years.
- Travelers between 12 and 70 years old are required to submit biometric data to the embassy in The Hague. You must therefore also come by appointment.
How does an India visa application procedure work?
Are you traveling on an e-Visa?
Then you must complete the form on our website and email it to us, along with a clear scan of your passport and a passport photo. We will be notified within 72 hours after submitting. Has your application been approved? Then you can travel to India with the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Has your application been refused? Then you can try to apply for a regular visa.
Are you traveling with a regular visa?
Then you must fill in the online form and send it to us together with your passport and passport photo (50x50mm) by registered mail. We also need additional signed documents from you. You can find this on our website. Once everything has been received in good order, the following applies:
- We will prepare a consular form for you on the basis of the form you have completed. You will receive this from us by email and you must send it signed to us again, together with the additional documents.
- Once we have received the consular form and documents signed by us, we will submit your application to the Visa Application Center in The Hague.
- From the first working day after submitting, it is possible for you to visit the embassy by appointment. We plan the time and date for you.
- During this appointment you will hand in your fingerprints and an iris scan. It is also possible that you have to answer a number of questions about your trip.
- The processing time of 5 working days starts from the next working day after your appointment. After 5 working days we will receive your passport with the visa for India.
Processing time, visa validity and cost of India visa.
The cost and processing time for the visa depends on the type of visa you choose.
- The costs for the e-visa for India for the tourist visa valid for 30 days are € 49.95
- For the tourist e-visa 1 year valid multiple entry € 72.95
- For the business e-visa 1 year valid multiple-entry visa. € 106.95
This includes processing costs, consular costs, transaction costs and VAT.
If you want to have data and / or documents collected or delivered at home, you pay additional shipping costs. You can also use an urgent procedure where a surcharge will also be charged. The amount of these surcharges depends on the desired delivery time and visa type.
Information about the surcharges and rates can be found on the Rates page.
Why apply for your India Visa at Traveldocs?
At Traveldocs we guarantee professional, correct, smooth and reliable service.
Our experienced experts will check the application before it is submitted to the consulate of India. Only in this way can you be 100% sure that your application is correctly and safely applied for.
Traveldocs makes the procedure easier for you, so no more complicated website procedures.
You will be kept informed of the status of the request by e-mail or telephone. You can also follow your request at any time via the Tracking function on our website.
Traveldocs is a Dutch company with years of experience and the right connections to handle your documents correctly. We work together with various tour operators, top clubs, large (international) companies and NGOs. Your documents are always in safe hands with us.
Apply for India visa now
Do you want to apply for the India visa directly? Then proceed directly to the online application form. Would you like to know more about the visa and the procedure first? Read our FAQ visa India page, or contact us via the online contact form.
Traveldocs helps companies and private individuals to apply for a visa or legalization. As a recognized legalization agency, we assist you administratively and we take care of the complete settlement at the relevant embassy or consulate. We charge agency fees for this service. We are not a government agency or affiliated with it. All costs to be paid by you are clearly visible and completely transparent and Traveldocs uses competitive prices, a professional service with adequate know-how within the world of legalisations. Of course you also have the option to submit your application directly to the relevant government agency. When you submit an application via visum-legalisatie.nl, you never pay more for the consular costs than at the embassy / consulate.