Your original passport with a validity of at least 6 months after the expiry date of your visa.
It is also important that your passport contains at least 2 empty visa pages that are opposite each other.
An official, color passport photo that meets the following conditions:
- The photo is less than 3 months old
- The background is white or light gray in color
- The dimensions are 50 x 50 mm
- There are no damages to the passport photo
- The passport photo is not stapled to the visa application form
- The person in the photo is looking straight into the camera
- No glasses are worn in the photo
e-Visa applicants have to provide a digital photograph, provided in .JPG/.JPEG or .PDF format. The photograph should be in accordance with the above stated conditions.
Regular visa applicants have to provide two physicall passport photographs in size 50x50cm. Both photographs have to be in accordance with the above stated conditions.
e-Visa applicants must provide us with the following documents:
- A clear scan of the information page of the passport with which you will be traveling. The photo or scan must be delivered in high quality in .JPG / .JPEG or .PDF format. The scan must have a size between 30 and 300 KB.
- A digital passport photo in high quality. The photo must have been taken recently and must be submitted in .JPG / .JPEG or .PDF format. The photo must contain at least 350 pixels.
- Business travelers must provide a scan of the business card (business card) of the company for which they work. Without a business card it is not possible to apply for a business e-visa.
Regular visa applicants must physically supply additional documents to us. These documents differ per visa type.
As soon as your application has been processed in our system, you will receive an email with a full list of the exact documents you need to provide to apply for the visa type you have chosen.
The visa validity in India varies per visa type.
- The regular visa India is valid between 1-5 years
- The e-visa India is valid between 30 days and 1 year
If you want to apply for a business e-visa India (1 year multiple entry) you should take into account the following:
- Consecutive stay during each visit should not exceed 180 days
- If it is the traveller’s wish to stay in India for more than 180 consecutive days, then the traveller should register with the FRRO / FRO in India within two weeks of the expiry of 180 days.
If you want to apply for a tourist e-visa India (30 days double entry or 1 year multiple entry), please note the following:
- Continuous stay per entry should not exceed 90 days for all eligible nationalities except passport holders of the following countries: USA, UK, Canada and Japan.
- For passport holders of the USA, the UK, Canada and Japan, the continuous stay per entry may not exceed 180 days.
- We recommend that you combine a printout of your e-Visa with your passport before traveling to your destination.
- Save the application (or email) of your e-Visa. This way you don’t have to fill it in again if you travel to the same destination again.
Applicants for the regular visa India with the validity of 5 years must provide biometric data at the Indian consulate (VFS Center) in The Hague.
Applicants for the regular visa with the validity of 1 year India no longer have to provide biometric data as of January 2020, unless the GOI specifically requests this.
Traveldocs will – of course at all times in consultation with you – make an appointment for you at the consulate for this. Please note that we are only allowed to do this after we have received all documents from you and they have also been accepted by the consulate as complete and in accordance with conditions. In practice, we can often make an appointment for biometrics within 2 working days after submitting your visa application to the VFS center.
During this appointment there will always be a visa specialist from us available to guide you through the process. Would you like to have more information about this matter? Then do not hesitate to contact us.
Applying for a visa India
If you want to travel to India for a holiday or business trip, you need to apply for a visa India before departure. This will allow you to enter the country. This visa India is issued by the Indian government and is issued both digitally and in a regular format. In all cases, you can therefore assume that you need a visa for India before you leave.
Not sure whether your nationality – if different from Dutch or Belgian – requires a visa for India, or not sure whether you can apply for an e-visa India? Please contact us in advance. Our staff will be happy to advise you.
What type of visa India can I apply for?
India has various types of visas that you can apply for. For example, there is a digital e-visa India available, which you can apply for entirely online. However, the following conditions do apply:
- An e-visa (the electronic visa India) may be applied for only 2 times per year
- Your arrival in India may not be over land
- In addition, the India visa is only valid upon arrival at the following airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mengalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam.
- Finally, the e-visa India is valid for 120 days from the time of issue, of which the stay should not exceed 60 days. An e-visa India is a double-entry visa, but both entries must take place within 60 days of entry.
Apply for a regular visa to India
Are you going to apply for a regular visa to India? Then this visa will be entered in your passport. This visa is valid for both tourists and business visitors and is valid for 5 years. Within this period, you may enter India several times.
- It is possible to apply for a 1 year visa India, but you must indicate the reason why the visa India should be valid for only 1 year, instead of 5 years. Standard validity is in almost all cases 5 years, unless otherwise indicated in the supplied documents, such as guarantee letter or invitation letter.
- Travellers aged between 12 and 70 are required to provide biometric data at the embassy in The Hague. You will therefore need to make an appointment for this. We will, of course, provide you with guidance in this regard and schedule the appointment for you in consultation with you. Would you like us to be there too? Then indicate that you wish to make use of our VIP-service. For a fee of EUR 100 excl. VAT per appointment, we will be present at your biometrics appointment and one of our visa experts will accompany you during your appointment. Of course it is nice to have someone accompany you to the appointment who knows how the procedure works and what you need to consider. Have you opted for this VIP service? Then we handle everything for you. You only have to show up at the appointment, we will do the rest for you!
Electronic visa India
First of all, you need to fill in the form on our website to apply for an e-visa India. In this form you enter all your data and place it in our system, together with a clear scan of your passport and passport photo. If you are travelling for business purposes, a copy of your business card should be included as well. After the electronic visa application for India has been submitted, we will be informed within 72 hours. Is your visa application for India approved? Then you can travel to India with the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Has your application been refused? Then you may try to apply for a regular visa. Where possible, Traveldocs will assist you in providing the necessary documents and will check whether they meet the conditions and requirements. We will also assist you in filling out the necessary data for your visa India. However, the assessment of your application is exclusively up to the Indian authorities.
Travel with a regular visa to India
Do you want to apply for a regular visa to India? Please fill in the online form and send us the necessary documents, together with your passport and passport photo (50x50mm), by registered mail or by courier. You will receive an overview and explanation by email, in which you can find which documents you need to apply for the regular visa India. You can also find these documents on our website. Once everything is received in good order, the following applies:
- We will prepare a consular form for you based on the form you filled in. Once you have received it, please sign it and send it back to us with the additional documents;
- Once we have received the signed consular form and documents, we will submit your visa application to the Visa Application Centre in The Hague;
- From the next working day after submission, it is possible for you to visit the Embassy by appointment. As soon as we have the opportunity, we will schedule the time and date for you;
- During this appointment, you will provide your fingerprints and an iris scan. You may also have to answer some questions about your trip;
- From the next working day after your appointment, the processing time of 5 working days starts. After 5 working days we will finally receive your passport with the visa for India.
VIP service visa India
Do you want one of our visa experts to be present during your biometrics appointment? Then choose our VIP service! You can let us know by mail or when you deliver your documents. For EUR 100 excl. VAT, you will be accompanied by us during your appointment.
We will welcome you at the appointed time and help you on your way. This way you do not have to search or worry yourself unnecessarily. Our visa experts will take care of everything for you. All you have to do is hand over the fingerprints and/or face scan. Then you can go and we’ll take care of the rest at the embassy.
Other benefits VIP service visa India and help filling out the visa India
Besides offering guidance during your biometrics appointment, with the VIP service you also get help from us when filling in your visa form for India.
Processing time, visa validity and visa India costs
The visa India fees and processing time depend on the type of visa you choose.
- The costs for the tourist e-visa for India are for the tourist visa 30 days valid € 49.95
- The tourist e-visa with a validity of 1 year and multiple entry costs € 72.95
- The cost of the business e-visa India with 1 year validity multiple-entry is € 106,95
This includes processing fees, consular fees, transaction fees and VAT.
If you would like to have your data and/or documents collected or delivered at your home address, you will pay additional shipping costs. You can also make use of an urgent procedure for which a surcharge will also be made. The amount of this surcharge depends on the desired delivery time and visa type.
Information about the surcharges and fees can be found on the page Rates.
Why apply for your visa India at Traveldocs?
At Traveldocs we guarantee professional, correct, fast and also very reliable service. This also applies to all your visa applications for India.
Our experienced experts check the application before it is submitted to the consulate of India. Only in this way are you 100% certain that your application is correct and safe.
Traveldocs makes the procedure easier for you, so no more complicated website procedures.
We will keep you informed about the status of your application via e-mail or telephone. Furthermore you can follow your request at all times via the Tracking function on our website.
Traveldocs is a Dutch company with years of experience and the right connections to handle your documents correctly. We work together with various tour operators, top clubs, large (international) companies and NGOs. Your documents are in safe hands with us at all times.
Are you planning to visit other countries besides India?
Take a look at the visa countries below, so that you can travel well-prepared and equipped with the right documents.
Apply for your visa to India now
Do you want to apply for a visa to India right away? Then go to the online application form now. Want to know more about the visa and the procedure first? Please read our FAQ India page, or contact us via our online contact form.
Traveldocs helps companies and private individuals to apply for a visa or legalization. As a recognized legalization agency, we assist you administratively and we take care of the complete settlement at the relevant embassy or consulate. We charge agency fees for this service. We are not a government agency or affiliated with it. All costs to be paid by you are clearly visible and completely transparent and Traveldocs uses competitive prices, a professional service with adequate know-how within the world of legalisations. Of course you also have the option to submit your application directly to the relevant government agency. When you submit an application via visum-legalisatie.nl, you never pay more for the consular costs than at the embassy / consulate.